Public Adjusters are a Huge Asset to Claimants

Recently, my basement flooded during a substantial rain storm. I was fortunate to have the foresight to protect my valuables. Though, the structure still suffered significant damage. A flooded basement should be cleaned out promptly to prevent mold buildup. I had what I thought was ample flood insurance coverage So, I gave my insurance company a call.

My insurer sent out an adjuster to look at my basement. He surveyed the situation. I was surprised when I got my settlement offer, and not in a good way. It was far below my expectations. I had neighbors with fewer issues who got a larger settlement. This was confusing since the insurance company sent an adjuster who is a professional at assessing the damage.



Who's on my side?


After that, I was suspicious. I did some research and found out a couple of things about flood insurance. The person I dealt with was an independent adjuster who worked directly for the insurance company. This made me feel alone in my insurance claim process. You would expect your insurance company to help you as best as they can. It is a business, though, so they gave me a lowball offer.

Someone has my back 


During my research, I found out about public claims adjusters. They're the alternative to independents. Public adjusters provide the claimant with a lot of benefits. This primarily lies in representing the claimant, not the insurance company. Thanks to this, the claimant knows they're getting the best deal possible.

Cost 


I was apprehensive about the cost of a public adjuster, but the one I chose through United States Adjusters only charged me a percentage of my settlement. The sum he achieved was so much higher than my original offer he actually ended up paying for himself and more. It was a win-win scenario.

How did he do it?


I asked how he got such a better deal than I could get. His reasoning was simple. He had worked in the insurance industry for years before switching to becoming a public adjuster. He understands all the tricks of the trade insurance companies use. There's no way I could've gotten myself this kind of settlement without spending countless hours on research.

If you ever have home damage and have to file a claim, I definitely recommend hiring a public claims adjuster. They almost always get a better settlement. My new basement is the proof.

Comments

Popular Posts