Week 10: Unplug to Recharge

Do you ever get tired reading and looking your Facebook feed? I do. Although Facebook is a great medium to stay connected with friends and families, it could also harm your ego. Maybe not you, but it's true to me. I know it's a sin to get envy with others but I can't help but pity on myself whenever I see post of my friends with their achievements. It will only make myself compare to them no matter how I convince myself that them too has issues in life to handle.

Another thing with social media, specifically Facebook, there are just too many negative things buzzing around online: sex, accidents caught on camera, personal status that is actually insignificant and so on.

I admit there are so many things I learned and discovered through social media. One of the reasons why I cannot delete my account. But I've deactivated my Facebook account countless times but found myself reactivated it.

When I found myself feeling depress with others success (I know this way is a BIG mistake), I simply stop looking my account. I actually deleted the app on my phone so that I am not tempted to read feeds. But when I feel like I accepted the fact and just be happy for others then that's the time I open my Account.

Sometimes we need to unplug our self, especially if we are fed-up with so many things. I think this is one of the best way to recharge.



Blog title is from the chapter title of the book "Imagine the Life You'd Love to Live, Then Live It" by Peg Conley.

Comments

Popular Posts