2nd Year in Canada

Two years ago when I arrived to this strange country, all I feel is excitement and happiness. For me it’s a new place, a new beginning.

Even how tired I am from a long travel, I was exuberated when my sister toured me into Rocky Mountains of Alberta for two days. I just arrived and I was exploring Canada by then. It was summer but I was wearing thick jacket at that time. I know I look ridiculous with my outfit. But I don`t care at all.

When leaves turned to yellow and withered, I was just so amazed with the beauty of the nature. It just getting colder and colder a sign that winter was coming.

I was looking forward for the first snow fall. I just can`t wait! When it snowed I immediately went outside and took photos. For me it is magical as the snowflakes fall.

For two years in a foreign country, I experienced lots of ups and downs. And as I stay longer I am sadden making me feels doubt if coming here is worth everything.

I know I just miss my family.

I remember when I left Davao two years ago; I saw my family’s teary eyes and their sad smiles. But I chose to ignore it. I don’t want to leave them with a heavy heart. Because the last time I left when I went to Manila for work, I cried so hard which made my father worried so much for me. So to keep them feel ease I showed to them a happy and excited me... but deep inside I was hurting so badly. It was a mix feeling of excitement and sadness actually.

Being away from my comfort zone, I grow and I learned more. It even brought me closer to my passion in arts and crafting. But one best thing, I learned to deal with different people. I met acquaintances whom I can share my views and feelings. They are my family here in Canada (aside from my sister) who shows there simple way of care and kindness. I thank them for being with me, for cheering me up when I feel so lonely, and for teaching me to stay strong despites adversities.

2nd year in Canada

A bouquet of flowers from a friend, Dorothy. She simply brighten my 2nd year anniversary of staying here in Canada

Today, I celebrate my 2nd year anniversary for I survived. I know there will be more exciting challenges coming and I widely open my arms to accept it and face it.

Comments

  1. happy 2nd year in Canada. do you feel homesick at all? as for me I've lived in the US for over 7 years and still feeling homesick esp. during summer and Christmas and whenever there are special occasions, syempre mas sadya e celebrate sa atoa ug pasko ug uban pang okasyon kay daghan taw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TInuod dyud na. And there's no place like home.

      Thanks by the way

      Delete
  2. congrats yan! we will turn one next month! yay! and like you, i sometimes feel that it was a mistake to be here... i feel like i am not happy anymore in this place, but at least for you, you have friends to cheer you up, in my case, i have no one to express my feelings and that makes me even sadder. oh well, life goes on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Salamat Pinx. Cgi lang maka adjust ra lagi ta.

      Delete
  3. Hi, just dropping by to say that I'm not seeing my location (davao City) on your feedjit profile. But rest assured that I visited all of your three links. :) Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts